Monday, April 20, 2009

No Need for Plan B :-)

This was one of those sessions that started out very promising (before I started shooting :-)), and quickly went downhill from there... until... it went uphill once again to my great relief and delight.

My subjects were an 8 1/2 year old and her 4 year old sister (who I previously photographed when she was around 8 months). The younger sister had been asleep when she arrived, but woke up soon thereafter to her parent's dismay. She seemed happy at first, but had no interest in having her picture taken at all. Alas, it was fairly close to her lunchtime, so we thought perhaps she could have something to eat and all would be good. For the first 15 minutes of eating, this little girl was just not a happy camper at all - crying and fussing while being fed, and rubbing her eyes, indicating her fatique. This was not promising. At this point I said to the parents, 'we may have to think about a Plan B'. Having said that, Dad, older sister, and myself disappeared downstairs for a bit while the baby continued having her lunch.

15 minutes later, I come back upstairs to see how the baby is doing - and she is looking VERY happy. I still wasn't convinced that she was going to deliver, but suffice to say she did in spades. I posted two close-ups of her so you could get a sense of her impishness and energy. Her sister delivered from the beginning, and did not disappoint either. All in all, a long but successful session!

#1 - Woohoo!


#2 - Am I cute or what!?


#3 - Her beautiful older sister


#4 - Sisters...

6 comments:

ally said...

gorgeous girls. you would never be able to tell that the little one had shed a tear!

Kristie Chadwick said...

I would never know you had trouble these are just great.

Angela said...

Aww the last one is so sweet!!!!

Brandy Anderson said...

Such beautiful photos of sisters!

Pammy said...

Looks like they had a wonderful time and their parents will be thriled with the outcome!

Patti said...

What beautiful girls! And I never would have guessed that the little one had been crying a short time before. :)