Friday, July 27, 2007

'This is Who We Are'

Those were the words that this family said when we met up for the shoot. Normally, I give guidelines ahead of time, about what to wear. For example, I usually advise against strong patterns or stripes, and will suggest wearing solid, complimentary colours. Suffice to say, that these folks went against the grain, but they were also willing to try some alternative stuff, which resulted in some great pictures.

I haven't started proofing this session yet (probably won't for a couple of weeks :-)), but I did send the family these two teasers, which I really liked.

There is a lesson in there somewhere, however, I'm not quite ready to tell my clients to 'wear whatever you wish' :-).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - the photos on this site are so incredible...I think this is a fabulous way to showcase your work...and leave people like me thinking about when next we need to come to have you capture us too!
again...your talent is so truly inspiring.
thanks for sharing. Jen

Lulu e seus 11 gatinhos said...

Hi!!! My name is Luciana,I´m from Brazil,and I´m a huge fan of your work. Every photo is like poetry... is amazing...
Congratulations!!!!